Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Sold Sign Out Front

We did it.  We sold our house.  A lovely family with 6 children fell in love with our home.

We are so very relieved!  Living (or not living) in a 4000 sq ft house part time while trying to sell it was a chore.    Keeping it ready for showings caused us to develop a daily ritual.  In fact, we have pretty much stopped cooking at the house altogether.  I have been buying a lot of prepared foods and paper plates. Of course we are eating out more, too.  Yuck.  But now it's over.

On the day of the showing to this family, I had re-affirmed my commitment to selling this house.  We staged the house as if we knew the people already.  There were fresh baked chocolate chip cookies, a favorite game staged in the game room.  A Disney movie played in the background.  There were so many things I did that I don't want to post them here, but if you contact me I'll send you a list.


Our realtor, Alexis, is sending me a picture of our closing to upload.  I hope to have it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment