Search This Blog

Sunday, February 13, 2011

We're Selling the Tulsa House

We need to be here all of the time to make any progress.  That's what Alan thinks, and I agree.  Camping is ok, but we barely have time to do anything else but set up and tear down camp.

Can we sell our Tulsa home and start building out here?

Consistent with our decision making, a thought about selling our 4,000 sq. ft. Tulsa house quickly turned into actually selling our Tulsa house.  I've emailed our realtor, Alexis with Coldwell Banker.  Connie, our realtor friend in Oklahoma City said houses were selling but not houses in the middle.  We needed to either deeply discount our house, or fix it up.

We decided to fix the house up.  Walking through the house itemizing projects created an intimidating list.  The house needed to be painted, inside and out.  The bathrooms needed an update, the flooring needed to be replaced in some areas.



Even though we are quite handy, we realized we couldn't do it all ourselves.  Especially since our company was launching a new product which requires a lot of our weekend time.

I bought some great faucets on faucetsdirect.com.  Alan is going to do that work himself.  I've already re-painted the kitchen cabinets and replaced the hardware with brushed nickel pulls.

I claimed ownership of my house on Zillow and began searching for "comps."  Our house is on a 1/2 acre lot with 40+ trees and backing up to a green built.  I needed to know how much it was worth to establish my budget for the improvement.

I searched the BBB for a contractor who had a website.  I hope that having a website means I can contact him via email.  I just don't have the time for telephone calls and doing some business transactions through email is more efficient.

I found Tyler Owsley with Sound Construction, L.L.C.


No comments:

Post a Comment